The Murray Funeral Home was established in Sulphur Springs, in 1889, by W.G. Murray. The firm was owned and managed by W. Ray Murray and William G. Murray until the early sixties, when Gene Orwosky became affiliated with the funeral home. In 1963, a new funeral home was built to better serve the community and was named the Murray-Orwosky Funeral Home. The new building opened its doors on November 1, 1963. Throughout the seventies, eighties, and nineties, many members of the Orwosky family have been honored to serve our community. While Gene ran the business, Rita, Gene's wife, assisted with office work at the Funeral Home. Their children were very much involved in the funeral home, as well. At some point, Bill, Laura, Jack, and Jeff all helped the funeral home to better serve the community. In 1997, Jeff, Gene's youngest son, purchased the firm and continues to run the funeral home with his wife, Sue, as a second generation Funeral Director. Jeff's son, Price became involved in the funeral home in 2010, which makes Murray-Orwosky and the Orwosky family serving the community for three generations. Now, Murray-Orwosky continues to "Serve as we would be served" for its 56th year.